Product versatility is key in the foodservice industry. Litehouse's commitment to high quality products allows each one of its products to be utilized across various recipes.
One such colorful creation is my recipe for Pomegranate Jicama Salad with Roasted Cilantro Shrimp. So festive and flavorful, this healthy dish makes a showy (not to mention scrumptious) statement served at a holiday gathering of friends, family or coworkers. Serve this easy-to-prepare salad as a light entrée or divvy up the portions into stemmed glasses and present as an appetizer, shrimp cocktail-style!
For the shrimp:
2 pounds uncooked (12 to 15-count) shrimp
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
2 teaspoons Litehouse® Instantly Fresh Cilantro
For the salad:
1 lb jicama peeled and julienned
1 medium red onion thinly sliced
1 large pomegranate peeled and arils harvested
¼ cup salted roasted pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
2 Tbsp. Litehouse® Instantly Fresh Jalapeños
2 Tbsp. Litehouse® Instantly Fresh Spring Onion
2 Tbsp. Litehouse® Instantly Fresh Cilantro
2/3 cup Litehouse® Pomegranate Blueberry Vinaigrette
1 4-oz. container Litehouse® Feta Cheese Crumbles
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Peel and devein the shrimp, leaving the tails on. Place shrimp on a sheet pan with the olive oil, salt, and pepper. Stir shrimp around a little to coat them in oil and then spread in a single layer. Sprinkle with cilantro.
3. Roast for approximately 8 minutes, just until pink and firm and cooked through. Set aside to cool.
3. Meanwhile, in large bowl, add julienned jicama, sliced red onion, pomegranate arils, jalapeno, spring onion, and cilantro. Pour Pomegranate Blueberry Vinaigrette over mixture and mix gently to combine.
4. Add spring mix to serving bowl or platter. Mound jicama-pomegranate mixture in the center of lettuce; sprinkle with pepitas and feta cheese.
5. Arrange roasted shrimp around perimeter.