Product versatility is key in the foodservice industry. Litehouse's commitment to high quality products allows each one of its products to be utilized across various recipes.
Marinated chicken is browned and stuffed into a charred corn tortilla with a Rainbow Slaw. Tacos are topped with Litehouse Jalapeno Ranch Dressing.
2 lbs. chicken breast, sliced into 1/4 inch strips
1/4 c. lime juice from 2 limes
1/4 c. pineapple juice
1/4 c. olive oil
2 Tbsp. sweetener (honey, agave nectar, or sugar)
1 Tbsp. Litehouse® Instantly Fresh Cilantro
1 Tbsp. Litehouse® Instantly Fresh Garlic
1 Red Onion
1 tsp. ground All Spice
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. black pepper
2 c. shredded green cabbage
2 c. shredded purple cabbage
1 red bell pepper thinly sliced
1 carrot grated
1 mango thinly sliced
12 corn tortillas
Litehouse® Jalapeno Ranch
Stir to combine Instantly fresh Cilantro, Instantly Fresh Garlic, Instantly Fresh Red Onion, all spice, salt and pepper.
2. Reserve 1/4 c. of mixture in a separate bowl and set aside.
3. Add chicken breast to remaining marinade. Allow to marinate for 1 hour.
4. Meanwhile make the Rainbow Slaw. In a large bowl combine cabbages, bell pepper, carrot, mango, and the 1/4 c. reserved marinade. Toss to coat and set aside.
5. Cook the chicken. Heat a skillet over medium high heat and spray with non stick cooking spray. Remove chicken from the marinade and allow excess liquid to drip off. Cook chicken in skillet until browned and no longer pink.
6. Char or toast the tortillas. To char place tortillas over the open flame of a gas stove for 30-45 seconds on each side. To toast place tortillas in a pan over medium heat flipping every 30 seconds until golden brown.
7. Spread 2 Tbsp. of Litehouse Creamy Cilantro Dressing onto each charred tortilla. Fill with the cooked chicken and a healthy serving of the Rainbow Slaw.